Joao Martins, Wealth Manager
Born and raised in the Algarve, João graduated from Algarve University with a B.Sc. degree in Business Management and a Masters degree in Finance. Prior to joining Abacus Wealth Management, João obtained relevant experience in Corporate Finance and Financial Planning from his Analyst roles at several Investment Banking boutiques in London, and three years as an International Financial Advisor in the Algarve, prior to that.
Joao is extremely passionate about financial planning and strongly believes that ethics and cost transparency, coupled with financial advice based on academic research, is the best way to achieve long term client satisfaction. As a member of the Portuguese Order of Economists, Joao often writes articles on various topics, ranging from the state of global financial markets, the Algarve real estate market and the Algarve/Portuguese economy.
João holds several relevant professional qualifications in financial services, among them:
- ACSI – Associated Member of the Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment
- Level 4 Certificate in Paraplanning with the Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment
- Level 4 Investment Advice Diploma with the Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment
- Capital Markets & Securities Analyst with the Corporate Finance Institute
- Investment Foundations Certificate with the CFA Institute